Who are we and what do we do?
Map17 Events ("we", "our" and "us") is a not for profit organisation established to organise and promote a Mountain Challenge event in the area covered by the Ordnance Survey Explorer 1:25,000 map OL17.
Map17 Events is a club affiliated to the British Quadrathlon Association. Our club members are the participants in the event.
5 Bullet Summary
- We, as a Data Controller, recognise our responsibility to treat your personal information with the utmost care and to comply with all relevant legislation,
in particular the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We pass the necessary elements of your personal data to other bodies or service providers, but only as necessary
in order to provide you with an entry, timing and results service. E.g. to RaceTek to provide the timing, competitor tracking and results service.
- Basic elements of your personal data (e.g. Name, Gender and Age Class) will appear on start lists and in event results which are in the public domain.
- We will not pass any of your personal data which is not necessary for the delivery of the event to any other third party without your explicit permission.
The legal basis for processing your personal data
|Event Entry - Processing your personal data necessary to provide you with an entry to our event, including keeping you informed of
information relevant to the event.
||Contract - between you and Map17 Events
|Next Event - Informing you of the date and other details of the event if it is re-run at a future date. An unsubscribe option will be provided.
The definitions of the data we may collect from you
The definitions of the data sets described below are not exhaustive and may change over time.
||Forename and Surname
|Public Personal Data
||Name Data, gender, club (if specified), country (default = GBR), and age category.
|Private Personal Data
||Year of birth
|Contact Personal Data
||Contact phone numbers, postal address, email address.
|Safety Related Data
||Emergency contact details (name and phone number), car registration.
||Medical conditions of which you think we should be made aware.
||Public Personal Data + Private Personal Data + Contact Personal Data + Safety Related Data + Medical Data
How we use your personal data
- Your Entry Data is collected on our behalf via Fabian4.
- Your Public Personal Data and Private Personal Data is passed to RaceTek to provide the competitor tracking, timing and results service.
- Your Safety Related Data may be used to contact the nominated contact in the case of an emergency.
- Your Medical Data may be passed to the emergency services when considered necessary for your own safety.
- Your Public Personal Data will appear on event start lists and result lists in the public domain (I.e. on the web).
- Your Contact Personal Data will be used to keep you informed of details of the current event.
- Your email address will be used to inform you of details of the next event. An unsubscribe option will be provided.
Your rights are detailed on the ICO website.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry data is stored on laptops which are protected by secure passwords, firewalls and antivirus software.
Data Controller Liability
Map17 Events, as a Data Controller is responsible for your Entry Data while in our possession. RaceTek is responsible for your Public Personal Data and Private Personal Data once
imported into their system. All Data Controllers are subject to the same Data Protection legislation, namely the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
As a not for profit organisation Map17 Events is not required to register with the ICO.